Chippanee Tennis Facility
Tennis Pro Shop
860-589-8041 or 860-940-9576
- Head Pro - Ryan Battisto UPTR
- 17 years teaching experience
- Assistant - Joseph Battisto
- Assistant - Bella Goralski
General Facility Information
- Hours: 10 AM to 1 PM and evenings
- Racquets, grips, stringing, balls, ball machine
- Private and group lessons
- “Call a Friend” program
(submit your name and start playing)
- Wednesday evening mixed doubles
- Junior clinics every Tues & Thurs
- Bring-a-friend lessons
- Cardio Tennis clinic
- Preparation for high school teams and college level training
Enjoy playing on surfaces you won't find just anywhere! Har-tru is a green colored crushed stone that plays just like a clay surface. It is a slower surface to play on and it's nice and easy on the knees! Omni or artificial grass plays very similar to a grass surface. The play is faster and the ball skips off the surface. Relax in the shaded patio area in between playing. Fresh ice cold water is provided daily.
Beginners: Learn Basic strokes - forehand, backhands, serves, volleys, foot work, rules, score keeping, and the history of the game. Children - play various games designed to be fun, while using the skills they have learned.
Intermediate: Work on all fundamentals, strategy, foot work, and competitions. Begin learning specialty shots: spin serves, top spin, ground-strokes and lobs, overheads, slices, etc.
Advanced: Work on consistency, fundamentals, strategy, foot work, more competition, perfection of specialty shots.
College level lessons
Player level ranking available